Jun 2, 2010

Love Is Not a Victory March

Cupcakes. I must be the master of them by now. Ok...so...(can you tell there is a long story coming on?) My friend has been absent for the past two days and I didn't think anything of it. Friends are absent for a couple days, they come back, all is normal. But then I heard she got a concussion....? I know right? So I called her and it turns out that she flipped over the front of her bike and hit her head. She couldn't remember anything for a while but it's all come back to her now. She will be back in tomorrow for half a day (she was told not to do a lot of thinking....?) so I made cupcakes! I made them, frosted them with homemade icing, and sprinkled them! Am I a good friend or what? Haha but for my birthday I made mini cupcakes out of a normal cake batter mix. I ended up with about an army (80) of mini cupcakes. I'm also making this massive card for everyone to sign. Other friends will be jealous they aren't as thoughtful as me. Well I did spend about two hours on the cupcakes. Ok just to let you know that I'm kidding, and I'm not conceited. I missed her so I made cupcakes!


Anybody else sick of the whole vampire craze lately? It seems that whenever I go to the library and find a book that looks interesting, it has to have a vampire in it!I just read the book, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side. Yes I know the title is a little lame but it's a good book. When I first started reading it I had to sigh. Teenage girl, hot male vampire, love, blah blah blah. But when I found out that the girl was the last of the Dragomirs, a royal vampire family I spazzed. Actually I mini spazzed. In the series The Vampire Academy(a very good series!) one of the main characters is Lisa Dragomir and she is one of the royal families, yet she is the last of the Dragomir family. Sound familiar? Ugh anyway, it turned out to be a really good book. I was hoping it would be an awful rip-off so I could complain...but it wasn't. I can't say there was some insane twist, but it was a nice romance book. And you know I'm a sucker for those...(no pun intended).

These finals are INSANE! On Monday I had my Math and History final, the two hardest ones. So what did I do the weekend before finals? On Saturday I went shopping then hung out around my house. On Sunday I didn't get up until around 10:30, puttered around the house until 12:00, then after that I did a little math practice, procrastinate, little more math, go on my laptop, etc. It wasn't until the last five hours that I buckled down and hit that history review packet hard. It took forever and I ended up with an insane amount of note cards. I hate note cards. They take WAY too long to make. But they are they best way to study (personally). After the final was over my friend went to throw out my huge stack of note cards and I just went, "Wait! Don't throw those out!" It made sense, I mean school is over in 1 1/2 days and I had finished the history final. I just seemed like a waste. I mean I spent so long making those note cards, and then just to throw them all away!? They are sitting in my backpack now....I don't know what to do with them! I think I'm going to have to throw them away, in case I become a hoarder. Have you ever seen that show? Hoarders? Scary stuff man.

Like I said earlier, we only have 1 1/2 more days of school. It scares me actually. I don't want school to end! Yes I'm one of those people. I'm not going to go on "Oh! I love school!" but I do like it. It's a way to see my friends everyday no matter what (unlike some frequently absent people *coughcough*) and I sometimes enjoy just sitting down and doing a worksheet. Just some solid work. Especially math. I like math, and most of the time I don't mind doing problems. Yes I know, I have issues. But isn't that a good quality for someone who wants to be a math teacher? Anyway I'm really hoping to make this summer special. I'm sick of the summers of just sitting around watching TV, and now that I have a laptop *internal shudders*. So I've started to create some summer goals. These are just couple I've had in my head, and I'm bound to have a long list soon.
Rachel's Summer Goals: (Yes, I have an official list and everything!)
1. Have a summer romance (doesn't have to last, just a nice summer fling(: )
2. Finish my story (I really want to make it the best it can!)
3. Excel at piano and guitar (I mean with all this free time, why not practice?)
4. Make a painting (Like we did in art class, though this time it won't be a toucan!)
5. Make a scrapbook(maybe) documenting this school year!
6. Become more musically educated (yes I know this is weird, but I am constantly on the hunt for more amazing unknown bands! Recently I've been obsessing over Alternative Press. For those of you that live under a rock (just kidding) Alternative Press is a magazine. Look it up?)
If you have any ideas, let me know! But I'm not going to be the person that is always going, "Subscribe! Comment!" it gets to bug me after a while. But I'm always open to suggestions, and there is a comment box *winkwink* haha just kidding.

Ok so I have this dilemma. Well, it's not really a dilemma. Just a minor problem. I'm looking for a summer hairstyle. I need to find one hairstyle that's cute, easy, and quick (under 15-20 min). I mean it's summer, you want to look cute, but not spend an hour every morning getting ready! The problem is, I don't like ponytails....well I do but my bangs will always fall out (ugh!). If I just leave it natural, it gets all wavy and curly, which isn't bad, but it leads to frizz. Most every morning I straighten my hair best I can. For me it reduces frizz and keeps it (somewhat) straight. Anyway that was just random, sorry. Onto bigger and better things...(that's what she said?)

As always, I have a song! It's called Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright. It's not really a religious song though. I have it on my iPod because it was from the Shrek album, but I've fallen in love with it. Lee D-something that I can't spell (the winner of American Idol) did a cover of it, but I think the original is much better.


Oh and is anyone else excited for Kate Plus 8? I was always such a closet fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8 but it was canceled. To be honest, I don't like Jon, and don't care much for Kate, but I love their kids! Maddy, Cara, Hannah, Leah, Alexis, Aiden, Collen, Joel, anyone? Haha oh and I did not Google that! I'm about halfway through the first episode of the new Kate Plus 8 series!

Sorry it took so long to get this post out, but I've been writing it over the course of a couple days, you deserved a longer post(: Merci de verifier sur mon blog! Translate it people.

Rachel - Je T'aime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a note, this is one of the many covers of this song. But this is a really good cover. Jeff Buckley's is also one of the most well known and beautiful, too.